Zonta International’s Young Women in Public Affairs Awards recognize young women for demonstrated leadership skills and commitment to leadership in public policy, government and volunteer organizations. The 2011 District YWPA recipients will receive US$1,000; five international recipients will be selected from the district recipients to receive additional awards of US$3,000 each.
There have been a few changes to the eligibility criteria for the 2011 Young Women in Public Affairs Award. Those changes our outlined below.
• Applicants must be 16 to 19 years old.
• Applicants must be living or studying in a Zonta district or region at the time of application.
• Applicants must also demonstrate evidence of the following:
• Experience in local or student government
• Knowledge of Zonta International and its programs
• Advocating on behalf of Zonta International’s mission to advance the status of women worldwide.
Applications for the 2011 Young Women in Public Affairs Award are now available on the Zonta International website. Please note that the application has been revised and make sure that all applicants use the 2011 version.